Thursday, November 15, 2007

Calling All FilMasons and Amasons Photo Enthusiasts

A test macro shot I took at my back yard. Maybe not the greatest photo, but this is taken using a point-and-shoot Olympus 7.1 Megapixel digital camera (unretouched).

In my younger (much much younger!) days, I use to own a Pentax viewfinder film camera and another SLR camera that I can't recall the brand. It is a bit of an expensive hobby to say the least, but that got me closer to the girls... Heheheee.


Nowadays, it is a bit least expensive owning a digital camera. There's no film to develop and if you don't want to print your pictures, you have the luxury of keeping them in your PC's hard disk or burn in a CD or DVD media; or even upload them on the net (Flickr, Photobucket, PBase, etc).


I've been talking to WBro Bob B.(who recently bought a Canon DSLR and lenses worth $25,000; I am just kidding Sis Nanette!), Sis Dodo and other brethren about oganizing a camera club for the FilMasons and Amasons. I believe they are receptive to the idea. We can discuss and learn from each other, and probably invite resource speakers and the like. Set up a tour somewhere to take pictures, etc. There's so much that we can all do.


You don't have to have the latest DSLR (digital SLR), even if you have a film SLR (like WBro Fidel P. and Bro Rey M, who is a pro!). I own a point and shoot digital camera which I am experimenting with (see my photo blog, click on the title page).


So if you are interested, whether you are a beginner, amateur or advance photographer; please contact me and we will schedule our first meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a look at my recent posts at
http://www.jak-onthewayto.blogspot.com/

Been recently to Sculpture by the Sea at Bondi beach.

Mario